A major US brokerage firm needed to build a full time Over-the-Top (OTT) network. It was to be a groundbreaking project, so they brought in Broadcast Management Group (BMG), having heard of their extensive experience with OTT networks. It was February, and the goal was to have a soft launch in August, with a full go-live network launch in October 2017.
Beginning with a kick-off meeting, the brokerage firm and BMG worked together to develop a plan that would meet all their objectives, on time and on budget. BMG then swung into action. They started with the facility plant design, which included construction, installation and training. They then developed the operating plan, including the integration of remote locations. BMG worked with the brokerage firm’s counsel (in house and out of house) along with their compliance department to address any work flow compliance challenges.
BMG designed and oversaw construction of the studio set, including lighting, on-air graphic design and a graphics package for each show. They put together a network transmissions/broadcasting plan, including live closed captioning. BMG recruited the entire creative and technical staff, and trained the firm’s financial experts to be on camera anchors and contributors. Throughout the process, BMG kept the firm’s management in the loop through regular executive presentations on the project status. BMG also participated in several network strategy sessions.
The result is an OTT network that meets all objectives, delivered within an aggressive 9-month timeframe. The brokerage firm is now able to produce 4 hours of daily live network quality programming, using a fraction of the staff required with traditional networks. And they are expected to continue to enjoy ongoing operational savings.
With BMG at their side, the brokerage firm became the first-to-market in OTT in their industry!
Video Production Services Provided:
- Consultation on network strategy and key measurements of success
- Consultation on workflows, mindful of the legal and compliance constraints of a regulated business
- On-air talent recruitment and development
- Graphic design for the network and each show
- Capital budget assistance
- Creation of operational plan and budget
- Technical facility design and construction consultation
- Physical design and construction consultation
- Project management
- Creation of transmissions plan
- Long-term staffing and production management (creative and technical staff)
- Content development, show format and launch (8 hours live daily programming)