It’s a way to improve quality while saving cost that is being embraced by companies from TV networks to corporations to government agencies. The practice of outsourced production services is offering organizations another way to produce content while minimizing the impact to their bottom line.
Outsourced production services allow companies to leverage the expertise of a contracted outside provider to offer video production, creative services, and management in support of their ongoing production operations.
Here are just a couple of the advantages of outsourced production services:
- It allows a company to have fewer staff on their payrolls as the staffing is most frequently provided by the outsourcer.
- It allows a company lower capital cost as it doesn’t have to invest in equipment and technology.
- It allows a company to have lower real estate cost as it doesn’t need to allocate all the space required by a production facility.
Reducing human resource issues is also another major benefit for a company choosing to engage a provider like Broadcast Management Group for its outsourced production services. This allows the production support company to handle all recruiting, staffing and management in an industry with which the hiring company may not be familiar.
The increasing frequency of businesses developing proprietary over-the-top (OTT) networks to stream content is contributing to the popularity of outsourced production services.
Here are a couple of advantages of how outsourced production services can support a startup network to provide content over the internet:
- Outsourcer would design, build, and install a production facility.
- Outsourcer would build the studio and then use the control room and the technical core of a cloud production services company.
- Outsourcer would provide either on site or remote staffing.
- Outsourcer could provide all creative services or services a la carte including graphics, show format development and editorial production.
- Outsourcer could provide master control services.
The practice has proved successful for company such as TDAmeritrade, UBS and Hilton. As broadcast cloud developments continue to evolve, this business strategy will improve as an effective communication tool for distributing content.